Powerful cleaning-the first step to effective sterilization
HYDRIM M2 washer-disinfector
This powerful large-volume washer-disinfector is your first step to effective sterilisation.
- Powerful circulation pump and wash arms remove 99.9% of protein.*
- Large window in the door allows operator to observe the cycle
- Touchscreen display
- 10-cassette (8" x 11") capacity
- Easily configured for loose instruments, various tray sizes and handpieces
- Built in liquid chemical dispensing system
- Meets requirements of ISO 15883
*Results from independent third-party cleaning validation testing.
Why use an automated washer-disinfector?
Authorities now recommend that dental instruments first be processed in a mechanical washer or washer-disinfector prior to sterilisation. Across Europe, standards and guidelines (ISO15883 / RKI / BDA Advice Sheet A12) reflect this advice.
Is the HYDRIM M2 right for my practice?
The HYDRIM M2 has been designed in accordance with the relevant sections of ISO15883, the new International standard for washer disinfectors and also the UK guidelines, HTM2030. It is intended specifically for medium to large dental practices with five or more operatories. It is most often installed under the counter in a sterilisation centre, but can also be used as a free-standing unit.
How will a HYDRIM washer-disinfector help my practice?
Saves valuable time
- Staff can spend more time on revenue-generating work with patients, rather than scrubbing instruments.
Virtually eliminates hand scrubbing
- It helps to protect your staff against the hazards of skin puncture and aerosolised contaminants from manual or ultrasonic washing, manual rinsing and manual drying.
Kinder to instruments
- HYDRIMs use SciCan’s HIP chemical, a proprietary blend of surfactants (Surface Acting Agents) that clean and protect your valuable instruments.
No need to pat instruments dry
- A built-in dryer with Hepa filter eliminates the need for staff to pat instruments dry, further reducing injury risk and saving time.
How does the HYDRIM washing-disinfection system work?
Prior to placing instruments in the HYDRIM, remove composite, cement and amalgam at chair side, then load instruments in trays or baskets, place in the HYDRIM, and press start.
HYDRIM's cycles wash, rinse, disinfect and dry your instruments, preparing them for sterilisation in STATIM or other autoclaves. (There are two disinfection cycles that hold instruments at 80ºC for 10 minutes or 90ºC for 5 minutes, following the washing phases.)
The HIP™ chemical (HYDRIM Cleaning Solution with Instrument Protection) has been carefully formulated to provide outstanding compatibility with a wide range of materials and coatings. HIP is automatically added at various stages in the cycle to optimise the cleaning and protection of instruments. Independent testing indicates 99.9% protein removal - far beyond the level detectable with the naked eye!
|Dimensions (W x H x D )
||600 x 850 x 600 mm|
|Depth with door open||1200 mm|
|Water consumption per wash cycle
|Electrical connection for UK & Europe
||230 - 240V, 50Hz, 13A|
|Hot and cold water connections||BSP G ¾"|